EXAMPLE OF A GENERIC QUALITY GATES TEMPLATE
The below templates are for consideration when developing a quality gate. They provide a structure that can be used to help in the monitoring and documentation of quality gates. Not all sections of the template may be applicable. It is up to each individual to determine what is appropriate for their circumstances.
Checklist for a quality gate
1. Simple business process map of process
3. Risk assessment of process
- What can go wrong?
- When can it occur?
- What impact can it have?
4. Quality Measures
- How would we know if something was wrong?
- Who is responsible?
- Who will this affect?
- What is an acceptable level of quality?
- Traffic light concept
- What will we do if there is a problem?
- Who needs to be informed?
Quality Gates Template
- What has this information told us about our quality?
- How can we improve in the future?
The following Quality Gates Template is also available in an excel format from the downloads page.
Quality Gates Example