CURF USER: RESPONSIBILITIES
Use of ABS CURFs requires Individual Users to adhere to responsibilities that are defined under Clause 7 of the Statistics Determination 1983 under the Census and Statistics Act 1905. These responsibilities are provided in the CURF Undertaking that is signed by a Responsible Officer of each organisation prior to CURFs being released.
As an approved Individual User, you agree to:
- use CURF Microdata only for the statistical purpose approved by the ABS
- not attempt to identify particular persons or organisations - in particular, not to match, with or without using identifiers, the microdata with any other list of persons or organisations
- read the User Manual: ABS Remote Access Data Laboratory (cat. no. 1406.0.55.002) before accessing the RADL
- adhere to all ABS directions and system constraints when using RADL
- surrender access to a CURF upon completion of the specific statistical purpose for which access was approved
- keep CURF Microdata secure and not disclose microdata to any other person or organisation, other than:
- members of your organisation who have been approved by the ABS to have individual access to the CURF, or
- where you are retained as a consultant by a 'third party' organisation for an approved statistical purpose, members of that third party organisation who have been approved by the ABS to have individual access to the CURF
- not attempt to access the microdata after:
- the term of your authorisation expires
- your authorisation is rescinded by the organisation which provided it, or
- you cease to be a member of that organisation
- on leaving your organisation:
- surrender all copies of CURFs on CD-ROM in your possession to your Contact Officer, and
- destroy microdata stored on your secure server.
Publication of data and analysis of the CURF must cite the Australian Bureau of Statistics as the source of the data and include a prominently displayed notice that the results or views expressed are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the ABS. More information about citing CURFs in published output is available in the Guide to Citing ABS Sources
The Microdata pages on the ABS website provide an opportunity for researchers to provide a link to their Published Research Using CURF Microdata
. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
get your paper displayed.
Information on the CURF User role in MiCRO can be found in the MiCRO user guide
click on the 'downloads' tab above, to save the file.
Further information relevant to your responsibilities can be found in the CURF User - Tool Kit
This page last updated 24 June 2013