What you can expect of us
All information provided to us is protected by confidentiality provisions. When we release statistics the law requires us to do so in a manner that protects the identification of any particular person or organisation. Our long standing record for maintaining the privacy of information provided to us is widely acknowledged and respected.
If you are selected as a respondent for our surveys we will:
- be professional and courteous
- inform you when your dwelling or business is selected in a survey
- explain clearly what information we need and how the statistics compiled from this information will be used
- notify you in advance if the survey requires you to refer to extra information
- always identify ourselves with an official identification badge in any personal visit
- confine communication to the collection of survey information
- seek your permission to enter your home or office should the survey require
- work with you to resolve any difficulties caused by our requests for information
- listen and respond quickly and fairly, to any issues you may have
- protect the secrecy of the information you provide, as required by statistics legislation.