UNIT GROUP 3123 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate IV, AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on switchyards, substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- performing tests, graphing results, preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- assisting with research and experimentation programs