Dairy Cattle Farm Manager
Plans, directs, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise dairy cattle for milk, breeding stock and meat.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans milking schedules and milks cows using milking machines
- plans and implements breeding programs
- monitors and maintains health and condition of stock
- provides pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- cleans sheds, sterilises milking machines and equipment to maintain product quality and health standards
- directs and oversees general farming activities such as fertilising, pest and weed control
- maintains farm buildings, fences, water systems and equipment
- organises the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock, milk produce and sells cull cows for meat
- maintains and evaluates records of farming activities, monitors market activity and plans production accordingly
- manages business capital, including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Dairy Cattle Stud Farmer