Australian Bureau of Statistics
1233.0 - Australian Harmonized Export Commodity Classification (AHECC), Jan 2006
Previous ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 17/06/2003
|Page tools: Print Page RSS Search this Product|
1. Throughout this Classification references to "furskins", other than to raw furskins of 4301, apply to hides or
skins of all animals which have been tanned or dressed with the hair or wool on.
2. This Chapter does not cover:
3. 4303 includes furskins and parts thereof, assembled with the addition of other materials, and furskins and parts
thereof, sewn together in the form of garments or parts or accessories of garments or in the form of other articles.
4. Articles of apparel and clothing accessories (except those excluded by Note 2) lined with furskin or artificial fur
or to which furskin or artificial fur is attached on the outside except as mere trimming are to be classified in
4303 or 4304 as the case may be.
5. Throughout this Classification "artificial fur" means any imitation of furskin consisting of wool, hair or other
fibres gummed or sewn on to leather, woven fabric or other materials, but does not include imitation furskins
obtained by weaving or knitting (generally, 5801 or 6001).
SECTION 08 - RAW HIDES AND SKINS, LEATHER, FURSKINS AND ARTICLES THEREOF; SADDLERY AND HARNESS; TRAVELGOODS, HANDBAGS AND SIMILAR CONTAINERS; ARTICLES OF ANIMAL GUT (OTHER THAN SILK-WORM GUT)
CHAPTER 43 - FURSKINS AND ARTIFICIAL FUR; MANUFACTURES THEREOF
NOTE: For goods exempt from Export Entry, refer to Explanatory Notes, 1.5 Instructions for Completing an Export Entry.
ISSUE DATE: 1 JANUARY 2002
This page last updated 16 November 2006
Unless otherwise noted, content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia Licence together with any terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the website Copyright notice. For permission to do anything beyond the scope of this licence and copyright terms contact us.