This publication presents information about the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey (AATSIHS) conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) in 2012-13. Specifically it contains information that presents microdata from the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey (NATSIHS), 2012-13 component of the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey in the form of a TableBuilder dataset and two Expanded Confidentialised Unit Record Files (CURF). The Expanded CURFs also include biomedical information from the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Measures Survey (NATSIHMS) of the AATSIHS for NATSIHS respondents who agreed to participate.
The aim of this publication is to assist users of the microdata to better understand both the nature of the survey and its potential and shortcomings in meeting their data needs. A list of output data items currently available for the TableBuilder and Expanded CURFs can be found in the Downloads tab of this publication.
Information about the design and conduct of the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey can be found in Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey: Users’ Guide, 2012-13 (cat. no. 4727.0.55.002)
The following microdata products are currently available from this survey:
- TableBuilder is an online tool for creating tables and graphs and can be accessed via the ABS website.
- Expanded CURF allows approved users access to data in the Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) and ABS Data Laboratory (ABSDL) environments. There are two versions of the Expanded CURF - a State/Territory Expanded CURF and a State/Territory by ASGS Remoteness Expanded CURF. For more details on the difference, see Using the Expanded CURF page of this product.
To apply for TableBuilder access Log in to the ABS Registration Centre. Further information on access steps can be found on the How to Apply for Microdata.
To apply for CURF access, register and apply in MiCRO. Further information on access steps can be found in How to Apply for Microdata.
For more information on the products available from the AATSIHS and the associated Australian Health Survey (AHS), see the Release Schedule pages in the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Survey: Users' Guide, 2012-13 (cat. no. 4727.0.55.002) and the Australian Health Survey: Users' Guide, 2011-13 (cat. no. 4363.0.55.001).
Further information about the survey and the microdata products can be found in this product:
- A detailed list of data items for the TableBuilder and Expanded CURF are available on the Downloads tab
- The Quality Declaration can be found in the Explanatory Notes tab
- Other related products can be found on the Related Information tab.
For support in the use of microdata, please contact Microdata Access Strategies
on 02 6252 7714 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Data obtained in the survey but not presented in the microdata may be available by request from the ABS as statistics in tabulated form.
Subject to confidentiality and sampling variability constraints, special tabulations can be produced incorporating data items, populations and geographic areas selected to meet individual requirements. These are available on request, on a fee for service basis. Contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or email@example.com
for further information.