2009–10 to 2010–11 % change
|Number of Exporters (No.) |
|Total goods exporters |
|Total services exporters |
|Total exporters(a) |
|Value of Exports ($m) |
|Total goods exports |
|Total services exports |
|Total value of exports |
|(a) Total exporters only counts once those businesses which export both goods and services. |
Total Number of Exporters
ABOUT THIS ISSUE
- The total number of exporters of goods and services was 44,766 in 2010–11, almost unchanged from 2009–10 (44,581).
- Less than 1% (259) of the total number of goods exporters had a total value of exports worth '$100m or more'. This is an increase from 2009–10 by 18 exporters (7%). In 2010–11, these exporters contributed $210b (85%) by value to total goods exports.
- 68% (28,935) of the total number of goods exporters had a total value of exports less than $100,000, contributing $670m (less than 1%) of the total value of goods exports.
- There were 573 goods exporters in the Mining industry. Although these businesses represented 1% of the total number of goods exporters, they contributed $134b (54%) of the total value of goods exports. The Mining industry had the highest average value of exports per exporter ($234m).
- There were 12,076 goods exporters in the Wholesale trade industry. Although these businesses represented 28% of the total number of goods exporters, they contributed $26b (11%) of the total value of goods exports.
- 1% (36) of the total number of services exporters had a total value of services exports worth '$100m or more'. These exporters contributed 18% of the total value of services exports.
- The total value of Travel services exports was $31b (61%) of total services exports.
This publication presents an analysis of the characteristics and international trading activities of Australian exporters in 2010–11. The information is compiled as a by–product of producing regular monthly and quarterly statistics on Australia's merchandise trade and international trade in services. The first table presents an overview covering exporters of both goods and services. Tables 2 to 9 present more detailed information on goods exporters and Table 10 presents additional information on services exporters. These tables are available for free from the "Downloads" tab of this publication on the ABS website.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact Andrew Gibbs on Canberra (02) 6252 5409.
This page last updated 29 May 2012