6202.0 - Labour Force, Australia, Sep 2009 Quality Declaration
Previous ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 08/10/2009
|Page tools: Print Page Print All RSS Search this Product|
SEPTEMBER KEY POINTS
TREND ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
CHANGES THIS MONTH
As foreshadowed in recent editions of Labour Force, Australia (cat. no. 6202.0), the re-instatement of the Labour Force Survey (LFS) Sample commenced in September and will continue until December 2009. The December 2009 issue, to be released on 15 January 2010, will be the first under the fully re-instated sample.
Private dwellings in larger urban centres and less remote areas and Indigenous community dwellings represent 87% of the re-instated sample and will be progressively re-instated over the four months. The remaining 13%, dwellings in the more remote, less populated areas and for non-private dwellings, will be fully re-instated in October 2009.
The full sample re-instatement will decrease the standard errors on LFS estimates by approximately 15%, evident from the December 2009 issue, with gradual improvement observed from September 2009. A short term impact is expected in October 2009 when the 13% component of the re-instated sample is introduced.
Detailed information about the sample reinstatement is available in Information Paper: Labour force Survey Sample Design, Nov 2007 (Third edition) (cat. no. 6269.0).
The estimates in this publication are based on a sample survey. Therefore, published estimates and the movements derived from them are subject to sampling variability. Standard errors give a measure of this variability, see pages 33 and 34. The interval bounded by the two limits is the 95% confidence interval, which provides another way of looking at the variability inherent in estimates. This represents a 95% chance that the true value of the estimate lies within that interval.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Wood on Canberra (02) 6252 6525, email email@example.com
These documents will be presented in a new window.