JANUARY KEY FIGURES
December 2014 to January 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JANUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in January 2015. This follows a rise of 0.2% in December 2014 and a rise of 0.3% in November 2014.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in January 2015. This follows a rise of 0.2% in December 2014 and a relatively unchanged (0.0%) November 2014.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.1% in January 2015 compared with January 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in January 2015: Household goods retailing (0.3%), Food retailing (0.1%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.7%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%) and Department stores (0.5%). Other retailing (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in January 2015.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in January 2015: Queensland (0.4%), Western Australia (0.4%), New South Wales (0.1%), South Australia (0.3%), Tasmania (0.1%) and the Northern Territory (0.1%). Victoria (0.0%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) were relatively unchanged in January 2015.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|February 2015 ||7 April 2015|
|March 2015 ||6 May 2015|
|April 2015 ||4 June 2015|
|May 2015 ||3 July 2015|
|June 2015 ||4 August 2015|
|July 2015 ||3 September 2015|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the January 2015 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the December 2014 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
A revision has been applied in this issue to the original estimates for Supermarket and grocery stores. A revision of -$29.3 million was applied to the December 2014 estimates as a result of updates to survey respondent information.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to revisions to original estimates as well as the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
outlines how the ABS will handle any personal information that you provide to us.
This page last updated 5 March 2015