MAY KEY FIGURES
Apr 2011 to May 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MAY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in May 2011. This follows a rise of 0.3% in April 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in March 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.6% in May 2011. This follows a rise of 1.2% in April 2011 and a fall of 0.4% in March 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.4% in May 2011 compared with May 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in May 2011: Food retailing (0.4%), Other retailing (0.7%), Household goods retailing (0.1%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2%), Department stores (0.2%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in May 2011: Victoria (0.6%), Queensland (0.5%), Western Australia (0.8%) and the Northern Territory (0.6%). South Australia (0.0%) and Tasmania (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. New South Wales (-0.2%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.5%) fell in trend terms in May 2011.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|June 2011 ||3 August 2011|
|July 2011 ||1 September 2011|
|August 2011 ||5 October 2011|
|September 2011 ||3 November 2011|
|October 2011 ||1 December 2011|
|November 2011 ||9 January 2012|
As happens each year, an annual seasonal reanalysis has been undertaken based on estimates up to and including April 2011. No significant changes have occurred in this reanalysis, resulting in only minor revisions to the seasonally adjusted estimates.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.