FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
Jan 07 to Feb 07
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
Monthly turnover, Trend estimates - % change
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
- The trend estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.5% in February 2007. This follows revised increases of 0.5% in both January 2007 and December 2006.
- In February 2007, all states and territories had an increase in the trend estimate. The largest increase occurred in Western Australia (+1.0%).
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- The seasonally adjusted estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.9% in February 2007. This follows revised increases of 0.8% in January 2007 and 0.3% in December 2006.
- All states and territories had increases in the seasonally adjusted estimate. The largest increases occurred in the Australian Capital Territory (+2.0%), South Australia (+1.4%) and Queensland (+1.3%).
- In original terms, Australian turnover decreased by 8.9% in February 2007 compared with January 2007. Chains and other large retailers (which are completely enumerated) decreased by 11.2%, while the estimate for 'smaller' retailers (the sampled units) decreased by 5.6%.
- Australian turnover increased by 6.9% in February 2007 compared with February 2006. Chains and other large retailers increased by 6.8%, while 'smaller' retailers increased by 7.0%.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2007 ||8 May 2007|
|April 2007 ||30 May 2007|
|May 2007 ||3 July 2007|
|June 2007 ||1 August 2007|
|July 2007 ||31 August 2007|
|August 2007 ||3 October 2007|
There have been revisions for January 2007 to Household good retailing, specifically Domestic hardware and houseware retailing, in New South Wales and Victoria.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
Standard errors for the Australian estimates (original data) for February 2007 contained in this publication are:
|Data Series |
|Level of retail turnover ($m) |
|Change from preceding month ($m) |
|% change from preceding month (%) |
For more information see the Explanatory Notes, paragraphs 32-36.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Graham Phillips on Canberra (02) 6252 5625.
This page last updated 7 May 2007