FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
Jan 08 to Feb 08
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
Trend estimates -
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
- The trend estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.2% in February 2008. This follows revised increases of 0.3% in both January 2008 and December 2007.
- In February 2008, all states and territories had an increase in the trend estimate, except Queensland (-0.1%) and Western Australia (-0.3%). The largest increase occurred in South Australia and the Northern Territory (both +0.9%).
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- The seasonally adjusted estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series decreased by 0.1% in February 2008. This follows a revised decrease of 0.1% in January 2008 and a revised increase of 0.3% in December 2007.
- All states and territories except Victoria (-1.6%) and Western Australia (-0.6%) had increases in the seasonally adjusted estimate. The largest increases occurred in the Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory (both +1.2%) and Queensland (+0.9%).
- In original terms, Australian turnover decreased by 7.5% in February 2008 compared with January 2008. Chains and other large retailers (which are completely enumerated) decreased by 10.0%, while the estimate for 'smaller' retailers (the sampled units) decreased by 4.0%.
- Australian turnover increased by 9.7% in February 2008 compared with February 2007. Chains and other large retailers increased by 11.9%, while 'smaller' retailers increased by 6.8%.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2008 ||2 May 2008|
|April 2008 ||2 June 2008|
|May 2008 ||2 July 2008|
|June 2008 ||31 July 2008|
|July 2008 ||2 September 2008|
|August 2008 ||30 September 2008|
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
Standard errors for the Australian estimates (original data) for February 2008 contained in this publication are:
|Data Series |
|Level of retail turnover ($m) |
|Change from preceding month ($m) |
|% change from preceding month (%) |
For more information see the Explanatory Notes, paragraphs 32-36.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Graham Phillips on Canberra (02) 6252 5625.