APRIL KEY FIGURES
Mar 2011 to Apr 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in April 2011. This follows a rise of 0.4% in March 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in February 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 1.1% in April 2011. This follows a fall of 0.3% in March 2011 and a rise of 1.0% in February 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.7% in April 2011 compared with April 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2011: Food retailing (0.5%), Other retailing (0.9%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.7%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%) and Department stores (0.3%). Household goods retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in April 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2011: Victoria (0.5%), Queensland (0.5%), Western Australia (0.8%), New South Wales (0.2%), South Australia (0.2%) and the Northern Territory (1.2%). The Australian Capital Territory (-0.2%) and Tasmania (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in April 2011.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2011 ||4 July 2011|
|June 2011 ||3 August 2011|
|July 2011 ||1 September 2011|
|August 2011 ||5 October 2011|
|September 2011 ||3 November 2011|
|October 2011 ||1 December 2011|
There are no changes in this issue
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.