AUGUST KEY FIGURES
Jul 2011 to Aug 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in August 2011. This follows a rise of 0.2% in July 2011 and a rise of 0.2% in June 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.6% in August 2011. This follows a rise of 0.6% in July 2011 and a fall of 0.1% in June 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 1.8% in August 2011 compared with August 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2011: Food retailing (0.4%), Other retailing (0.8%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%) and Household goods retailing (0.1%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-1.4%) and Department stores (-0.5%) fell in trend terms in August 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2011: Western Australia (0.6%), Victoria (0.2%), Queensland (0.2%), New South Wales (0.1%), Tasmania (0.3%) and the Northern Territory (0.1%). South Australia (-0.1%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in August 2011.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2011 ||3 November 2011|
|October 2011 ||1 December 2011|
|November 2011 ||9 January 2012|
|December 2011 ||6 February 2012|
|January 2012 ||1 March 2012|
|February 2012 ||3 April 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.