These spreadsheets contain revised data for some of the chain volume measures series released in 8755.0 Construction Work Done, Australia, Preliminary.
ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY, AUSTRALIA, SEPTEMBER QTR 2006 (cat. no. 8762.0)
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
SIGNIFICANT REVISIONS THIS QUARTER
Compared with the current price original terms estimates published in the previous issue of this publication:
Most of these revisions are due to the coverage changes made to the survey in the September quarter 2006, as outlined in the Data Notes below. The revisions occurred predominantly in 'private for private' 'coal handling' in Queensland and 'other minerals' in Western Australia.
- The June quarter 2006 estimates have been revised upwards by $230m for work commenced, upwards $291m for work done and downwards $91.4m for work yet to be done.
- The March quarter 2006 estimates have been revised upwards $201m for work commenced and upwards $190m for work done.
- The December quarter 2005 estimates have been revised upwards by $138m for work commenced and work done.
- The September quarter 2005 estimates have been revised upwards by $49m for work commenced and work done.
- The June quarter 2005 estimates have been revised upwards $26m for work commenced and work done.
As part of an ongoing program to improve the coverage of the Engineering Construction Survey a number of businesses undertaking significant engineering construction work were identified and included in the survey for the first time from September quarter 2006. Where possible, data for earlier quarters has been obtained for these businesses. This has resulted in revisions to the estimates of engineering construction work for the period June quarter 2005 to the June quarter 2006.
BUILDING ACTIVITY, AUSTRALIA, SEPTEMBER QTR 2006 (cat. no. 8752.0)
The seasonally adjusted number of dwelling unit commencements for Northern Territory is now published. However, as a general rule, extreme care should be exercised in using the seasonally adjusted series for dwelling unit commencements in Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory. The small numbers and volatile nature of these data makes reliable estimation of the seasonal pattern very difficult.