OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
Sep 2011 to Oct 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in October 2011. This follows a rise of 0.4% in September 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in August 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in October 2011. This follows a rise of 0.4% in September 2011 and a rise of 0.6% in August 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.8% in October 2011 compared with October 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2011: Food retailing (0.4%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.7%) and Other retailing (0.4%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.7%) and Department stores (-0.5%) fell in trend terms in October 2011.
- All states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2011: New South Wales (0.4%), Western Australia (0.7%), South Australia (0.5%), Victoria (0.1%), Queensland (0.1%), the Northern Territory (0.6%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%) and Tasmania (0.3%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2011 ||9 January 2012|
|December 2011 ||6 February 2012|
|January 2012 ||29 February 2012|
|February 2012 ||3 April 2012|
|March 2012 ||7 May 2012|
|April 2012 ||30 May 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.