NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
October 2012 to November 2012
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in November 2012. This follows a rise of 0.1% in October 2012 and a rise of 0.1% in September 2012.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in November 2012. This follows a relatively unchanged October 2012 (0.0%) and a rise of 0.4% in September 2012.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.1% in November 2012 compared with November 2011.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2012: Food retailing (0.4%) and Other retailing (0.1%). Household goods retailing (-0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (-0.1%) and Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in November 2012.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2012: Western Australia (0.6%) and Queensland (0.1%). New South Wales (0.0%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. Victoria (-0.1%), South Australia (-0.2%), Tasmania (-0.7%) and the Northern Territory (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in November 2012.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2012 ||6 February 2013|
|January 2013 ||5 March 2013|
|February 2013 ||4 April 2013|
|March 2013 ||6 May 2013|
|April 2013 ||3 June 2013|
|May 2013 ||3 July 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.