JUNE KEY FIGURES
May 2011 to Jun 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
June Qtr 2011
March Qtr 2011 to June Qtr 2011
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JUNE KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in June 2011. This follows a rise of 0.2% in May 2011 and a rise of 0.2% in April 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in June 2011. This follows a fall of 0.6% in May 2011 and a rise of 1.0% in April 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 1.7% in June 2011 compared with June 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in June 2011: Other retailing (0.6%), Food retailing (0.2%) and Household goods retailing (0.1%). Department stores (-0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in June 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in June 2011: Victoria (0.5%), Queensland (0.5%), Western Australia (0.6%) and the Northern Territory (0.1%). Tasmania (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. New South Wales (-0.4%), South Australia (-0.4%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.6%) fell in trend terms in June 2011.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.1% in the June quarter 2011.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|July 2011 ||1 September 2011|
|August 2011 ||5 October 2011|
|September 2011 ||3 November 2011|
|October 2011 ||1 December 2011|
|November 2011 ||9 January 2012|
|December 2011 ||6 February 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
The price deflators for Food retailing have been revised for March quarter 2011. This has resulted in revisions to the chain volume estimates for Food retailing in original and seasonally adjusted terms.
Revisions to other seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.