Key changes made to the collection methodology of the Job Search Experience Survey since 2004 include:
- Revisions were made to population benchmarks for the Labour Force Survey and supplementary surveys in 2004 to take account of the 2001 Census of Population and Housing. Estimates from supplementary surveys conducted from and including February 2004 are based on the revised benchmarks.
- In July 2004, computer assisted interviewing was introduced for the Job Search Experience Survey, and was fully implemented in July 2005. The change of interviewing method is not expected to have affected estimates in any meaningful way.
- From 2006, occupation data are classified according to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupation, First Edition, 2006 (cat. no. 1220.0).
- From 2006, industry data are classified according to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC), 2006 (cat. no. 1292.0).
- In 2008 Population 3 was introduced, 'Employees (excluding OMIEs) who started their current job in the previous 12 months'.
This page last updated 23 January 2012