October meetings of NCCJS
he next meetings of the advisory and consultative groups associated with the NCCJS will be held in Melbourne over 24-27 October.
In previous years, these meetings were held as part of the annual Crime and Justice Statistics Convention conducted by the NCCJS. A decision has been made to review the frequency of the Convention based on the availability of persons attending various forums throughout each year and demands on their time. Current plans are to schedule the next convention in Melbourne during October 2001.
The meetings that are being held in October 2000 are:
- National Crime Statistics Advisory Group, Tuesday 24 October;
- National Criminal Courts Advisory Group, Wednesday 25 October;
- National Crime and Safety Survey, Thursday 26 October;
- National Criminal Justice Statistics Framework, Thursday 26 October; and
In addition to these, meetings of the advisory groups are also planned for February 2001. We are considering holding the meetings either before or after the Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology conference being held on 21-23 February 2000 in Melbourne.
- Australian Standard Offence Classification (ASOC) Implementation Working Group, Friday 27 October.