2006 CENSUS COMMUNITY PROFILE SERIES
The previous edition of Migrant Statistics News outlined the six separate profiles in the Community Profile Series, available from the Census Home Page on the ABS website. At that stage, five of six profiles had been released. The Working Population Profile is now available. It provides data based on place of employment, and shows labour force and employment characteristics of people who are employed in a particular geographic area.
Community Profiles are a good source of migrant and ethnicity related information. For example, the list of data tables by topic for the Basic Community Profile includes:
- Ancestry by Country of Birth of Parents
- Country of Birth of Person by Sex
- Country of Birth of Person by Year of Arrival in Australia
- Selected Person Characteristics by Sex
- Cultural and Language Diversity
- Proficiency in Spoken English/Language by Year of Arrival in Australia by Sex
- Language Spoken at Home by Sex
- Religious Affiliation by Sex
The Expanded Community Profile provides extra data while the Time Series Profile comprises comparable data from the 1996, 2001 and 2006 Censuses.
This page last updated 3 October 2008