MIGRANT DATA MATRICES
The fourth edition of the Migrant Data Matrices (cat. no 3415.0) is due for release on 29 Nov 2011. The Matrices provides you with links to data on migrants from a wide range of ABS products. Data include a broad selection of demographic, geographic, socio-economic and survey specific items. Each data cube includes a links to the main features and explanatory notes of the source product or collection.
New and updated data cubes include migrant data from the following surveys:
- Causes of Death, Australia, 2009
- Crime Victimisation, Australia, 2008–09 and 2009–10
- Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia, 2009
- Family Characteristics, Australia, 2009–10 (new data cube)
- General Social Survey, Australia, 2010 (updated as well as new tables)
- Income and Housing and Household Expenditure Survey, 2009–10
- National Health Survey, Australia, 2007–08
The 'Migrant Data Matrices Data Cube' which shows the migrant data items available from each collection and provides links to each of the data cubes has also been updated to include all of the new and updated data cubes.
The National Migrant Statistics Unit is also incorporating a number of innovations to the layout and content of the Matrices web pages. This will make it faster and easier for you to source data and navigate within the product. The innovations include:
- A streamlined 'Downloads' page. The Data Cubes list will contain only the most recent editions of the data, providing a snapshot of the most recent available data and saving you time finding recent releases. You will still be able to access all data cubes, including previously released data via a new 'Cumulative List'.
- A new 'Cumulative List'. This web page will provide an alphabetically grouped listing of all migrant data cubes. If you require the most recent data, but are also interested in the results from previous surveys, the Cumulative List should make this task easier to find what you are looking for. The 'Cumulative List' can be accessed via the link in the left navigator pane on the 'Summary' tab.
- Streamlined Topic pages. The 'Main Features for Source Product' information has been streamlined and presented in a table format. Links to the data cubes and source product are also provided.
Please note, that care must be taken in comparing data from different collections in the Matrices due to differences in survey methodology, definitions and reference periods.