Enhance your use of CDATA96 with... Add-On Datapaks
Whilst CDATA96 provides you with a comprehensive range of census information, additional data can now be added to CDATA96 to enhance, extend and complement the use of this product.
Adding Datapaks to CDATA96 provides you with immediate access to specialised 1996 Census information.
CDATA96 Add-On Datapaks allow you to:
- gain access to far more detailed versions of existing CDATA96 tables
- focus on the occupations of the workforce and how they travel to work each day
- compile a demographic profile of Australia's Indigenous population
- choose specific datasets you may be interested in
There are six separate Add-Ons available;
- Usual Residents Profile - data based on where people actually live as opposed to where they were on census night.
- Expanded Community Profile - provides more detailed information than the Basic Community Profile for areas from Statistical Local Area and above.
- Working Population Profile - based on where people work rather than where they live.
- Indigenous Profile - focuses on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population.
- Estimated Resident Population - the official estimate of the Australian population as at 30 June 1991 and 1996, in 5 year age groups at Statistical Local Area level.
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas 96 - provides five indexes which group Australians according to their social and economic attributes.
Datapaks may be used in the same manner as the Basic and Time Series Profile within your existing CDATA96 package - simply tabulate, map, graph or export the additional data.
If you would like more information on CDATA96 or CDATA96 Add-On Datapaks, please tick the box on the order form or contact the ABS office in your State/ Territory.
A Pay-TV Company is interested in determining whether there is a market for their service in a residential area on the Gold Coast. As the area receives a high volume of tourists throughout the year, the Usual Residents Profile was used to calculate the number of residents actually living in the area. This information gave them an accurate picture of the true potential for marketing to residents.