A taste of what's to come
Soon you will be able to sample Census statistics in their new format via the ABS web site. This is a valuable opportunity to familiarise yourself with the new, simplified interface before the 2006 data is available.
As of July 2006, you can access 2001 Census data for free via the following online options:
More products will be available online in the future:
- New Quickstats - A quick and simple summary of key Census data relating to persons, families and dwellings.
- New Census Tables - A product that offers you the chance to obtain Census data in a single table for a specified geographic area.
- Community Profiles - A series of profiles providing key Census characteristics related to persons, families and dwellings, covering most topics on the Census form.
Bookmark www.abs.gov.au and follow the Census link to check out new Census developments as they happen.
- New Quickmaps - A range of thematic Census maps based on larger geographies depicting selected population, ethnicity, family, income, labour force and dwelling characteristics.
- New CDATA Online - A sophisticated product aimed at offering expert clients freedom to select and combine geographic areas from a single Collection District (CD) through to an entire state/territory or Australia.
- New Table Builder - Aimed at experienced users, this priced product will allow you to design and populate your own tables of Census data via an interactive web interface.