National Statistical Service
Update from the NSS Coordinator
- David Smith, Executive Director, Economic, Department of Treasury and Finance and Chair of the SPC, convened a meeting of State Government Representatives on 26 February 2004 to discuss the implementation and impact of the NSS in WA. The ABS opened the meeting with a presentation on the NSS and ABS@. Outcomes from this meeting will guide the future direction of the NSS on a whole of Government basis.
- ABS WA has been invited to join two new across government groups, the Across Government Domestic Violence Group and the Social Policy Reference Group, to assist with issues of data quality and comparability.
- Close relations have been established with Western Australian Land Information Systems (WALIS). Over the years WALIS have developed a range of data sharing policies and principles covering issues of privacy and confidentiality, copyright, licenses, pricing and data transfer, metadata and custodianship. WALIS are data exchange experts and their experience will be invaluable to the development of ABS NSS initiatives.
- Alan Hubbard, Regional Director, ABS WA, has been invited to deliver presentations to several state government corporate executive bodies early in 2004. These presentations include sections on the NSS and ABS@
For further information, contact Cal Hoad, NSS Coordinator, phone (08) 9360 5920 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The release of the NSS web site <http://www.nss.gov.au> will be featured in the next issue of Stats Talk.
This page last updated 2 May 2007