National Statistical Service
Following is an update of NSS activities:
For further information, contact Cal Hoad by email: email@example.com or phone (08) 9360 5920.
- The NSS web site, on track for a November launch, will include tools to assist government agencies maximise the potential of their data holdings such as an operational handbook, best practice guidelines and key principles.
- Presentations on the NSS have been given at recent meetings of the Economic Statistics Consultative Group (ESCG) and the Social Statistics Consultative Group (SSCG).
- A number of state government agencies have been visited to provide them with an overview of the NSS and to discuss their data holdings and requirements.
- Information Development Plans (IDPs) are a key element of the NSS and will encapsulate the demand for information and identify any gaps, overlaps and deficiencies in the current supply of information for a particular field.
- Consultations with WA stakeholders have been held on the Agriculture and Transport IDPs, and a workshop, planned for September, will discuss a Crime and Justice IDP. Further consultation on IDP’s are scheduled for this year and will include Rural and Regional Statistics, Tourism and Mining.