2. Type your search terms in one or more of the boxes provided:
Tips for using Advanced Search on the ABS web site
Use the Advanced Search option to refine and control your search for more precise results.
1. Select the option from the top banner of most web pages:
3. Consider limiting your search to one or more parts of the ABS web site for more relevant results. Check the boxes to limit the search:
- With all the words - will narrow your search to find only items with all the words (Boolean AND)
- With any of the words - will broaden your search to find items with any or all of the words (Boolean OR)
- With the exact phrase - will restrict results to items with the words next to each other
- Without the words - narrows your results, excluding the words entered (Boolean NOT)
4. Use wildcard symbols ‘?’ or ‘*’ before or after a text string to find all variations of a word. For example, school? will find school and schools, as well as schooling.
Try this search: if you want to find information about schooling during Federation, but do not want information on primary schools and only want information in the school and education reference area, your search would look like:
Click on Search Tips to find out more about how you can refine or broaden your search results.
- Statistical products – for publications, spreadsheets, data cubes, etc.
- Non-Statistical products – for feature articles, information and research papers, etc.