APRIL KEY FIGURES
March 2013 to April 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in April 2013. This follows a rise of 0.4% in March 2013 and a rise of 0.4% in February 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in April 2013. This follows a fall of 0.4% in March 2013 and a rise of 1.3% in February 2013.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.2% in April 2013 compared with April 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2013: Food retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.5%), Household goods retailing (0.4%) and Other retailing (0.4%). Department stores (0.0%) was relatively unchanged and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in April 2013.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2013: New South Wales (0.6%), Victoria (0.4%), Queensland (0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.9%), Western Australia (0.1%), South Australia (0.1%) and Tasmania (0.1%). The Northern Territory (-0.3%) fell in trend terms in April 2013.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2013 ||3 July 2013|
|June 2013 ||5 August 2013|
|July 2013 ||3 September 2013|
|August 2013 ||1 October 2013|
|September 2013 ||4 November 2013|
|October 2013 ||3 December 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 3 June 2013