AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2018 to August 2018
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in August 2018. This follows a rise of 0.3% in July 2018 and a rise of 0.3% in June 2018.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.3% in August 2018. This follows a relatively unchanged estimate (0.0%) in July 2018 and a rise of 0.4% in June 2018.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.4% in August 2018 compared with August 2017.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2018: Food retailing (0.2%), Other retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%). Household goods retailing (-0.2%), and Department Stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2018.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2018: New South Wales (0.3%), Victoria (0.3%), Queensland (0.2%), South Australia (0.2%), Tasmania (0.5%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.3%). Western Australia (-0.1%), and the Northern Territory (-0.5%) both fell in trend terms in August 2018.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2018 ||2 November 2018|
|October 2018 ||6 December 2018|
|November 2018 ||11 January 2019|
|December 2018 ||5 February 2019|
|January 2019 ||7 March 2019|
|February 2019 ||3 April 2019|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the August 2018 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.