This product provides a range of information about the release of microdata from the General Social Survey, Australia, 2014 including details about how to use the CURF and the TableBuilder. Data item lists and information on the conditions of use and the quality of the microdata are also provided, along with links to detail of survey definitions and methodology.
Microdata are the most detailed information available from a survey and are generally the responses to individual questions on the questionnaire or data derived from two or more questions. This level of detail is released with the approval of the Australian Statistician.
The following microdata products are available from this survey:
Further information about these services, and other information to assist users in understanding and accessing microdata in general, is available from the Microdata Entry Page.
- Expanded CURF allows approved users interactive access through the Australian Bureau of Statistics' (ABS) Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) or via an ABS Data Laboratory (ABSDL)
- TableBuilder is an online tool for creating tables and graphs
Before you apply for access, you should read and familiarise yourself with the information contained in the User Manual: Responsible Use of ABS CURFs and/or the User Manual: TableBuilder, depending on the mode of access you are interested in.
APPLY FOR ACCESS
To apply for access to the CURF, register and apply in MiCRO.
To apply for access to TableBuilder, register and apply in Registration Centre.
Further information on access steps can be found in How to Apply for Microdata on the ABS website.
Further information about the survey and the microdata products can be found in this product, including:
- Detailed lists of data items for the CURF and TableBuilder are available on the Downloads tab
- The Quality Declaration can be found in the Explanatory Notes tab
- Other related products can be found on the Related information tab
- Abbreviations and Glossary relating to these products can be found in the Explanatory Notes tab of the publication: General Social Survey: Summary Results, Australia, 2014
For assistance in registering for access or to use these products:
CURF: contact Microdata Access Strategies
at email@example.com or 02 6252 7714
TableBuilder: contact NIRS on 1300 135 070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Data obtained in the survey but not presented in the CURF or TableBuilder may be available from the ABS, on request, as statistics in tabulated form.
Subject to confidentiality and sampling variability constraints, special tabulations can be produced incorporating data items, populations and geographic areas selected to meet individual requirements. These are available on request, on a fee for service basis. Contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or email@example.com for further information.