MIGRATION, AUSTRALIA, 2006-07
This publication brings together statistics on international migration into and out of Australia, interstate migration within Australia and information on overseas-born residents in Australia. Migration is described in the context of the Australian Government's migration program and comparisons are provided with other countries.
The latest edition Migration, Australia, 2006-07 (cat. no. 3412.0) was released on 26 March and includes:
- summary information on the 'Main Features' of the publication
- an overview of 'Improved methods of calculating net overseas migration'
- two feature articles, 'Traveller characteristics of recent net overseas migration' and 'Permanent departures overseas: Where are they going?'
- a media release, 'Young adults make the most moves', and
- the following data cubes
- Permanent arrivals, Country of birth, 1975-76 to 2006-07
- Estimated resident population, Country of birth, 30 June 1996 to 2007
- Estimated resident population, Country of birth, age and sex, 30 June 1996 to 2007
- Estimated resident population, Country of birth, median age, 30 June 1996 to 2007
- Estimated resident population, Country of birth, sex ratio, 30 June 1996 to 2007