MICRODATA USER: RESPONSIBILITIES
Use of microdata requires individual users to adhere to responsibilities which are outlined in the Undertaking and signed by the Responsible Officer of each organisation.
As an approved individual user, you agree to:
- use microdata only for a statistical purpose
- not attempt to identify particular persons or organisations - in particular, not to match, with or without using identifiers, the microdata with any other list of persons or organisations
- read the User Manual: ABS Remote Access Data Laboratory (cat. no. 1406.0.55.002) before accessing the Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL)
- adhere to all ABS directions and system constraints when using RADL
- keep microdata secure and not disclose to any other person or organisation, other than:
- members of your organisation who have been approved by the ABS to access the microdata, or
- where you have received approval from the ABS that specific users in other organisations have also been approved to access the relevant microdata file
- not attempt to access the microdata after:
- your authorisation is rescinded by the organisation which provided it, or
- you cease to be a member of that organisation
- on leaving your organisation:
- surrender all copies of Confidentialised Unit Record Files (CURFs) in your possession to your Contact Officer, and
- microdata stored on your secure server.