UNIT GROUP 6395 VISUAL MERCHANDISERS
VISUAL MERCHANDISERS plan and install internal, window and fixed displays to show goods to their best advantage.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining goods for display in accordance with prospective seasonal and promotional events
- developing overall promotional and display plans for approval
- preparing sketches and models showing layout, colour and other features for approval
- obtaining props and other accessories, and building displays
- setting up fabricated displays in store windows and other areas
- organising the setting out of goods to be shown as part of permanent displays
- arranging ticketing and signage
- arranging lighting to highlight fixtures, displays and goods
639511 Visual Merchandiser
639511 VISUAL MERCHANDISER
Plans and installs internal, window and fixed displays to show goods to their best advantage.
Skill Level: 4