UNIT GROUP 3921 PRINT FINISHERS AND SCREEN PRINTERS
PRINT FINISHERS AND SCREEN PRINTERS bind books and other publications, finish printed products by hand and machine, prepare stencils, and set up and operate power-driven and hand-operated screen print equipment.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting up and supervising the operation of automatic binding and finishing equipment
- binding full, half and limp-bound books, and repairing bindings
- folding, collating and sewing signatures by machine and hand
- operating paper guillotines for pre-press and post-press paper cutting and trimming, and programming electronically operated units
- operating systems to insert printed material into newspapers, magazines and envelopes
- embellishing printed products automatically and manually
- operating photographic and electronic reproduction devices
- preparing stencils using computer and hand-cut methods
- selecting, mixing and matching coloured inks and loading into screen printing presses
- loading printed items into drying racks, and unloading and stacking dry items
392111 Print Finisher
392112 Screen Printer
392111 PRINT FINISHER
Binds books and other publications, and finishes printed products by hand or machine.
Skill Level: 3
Mailhouse Operator (Aus)
Paper Guillotine Operator (Bookbinding)
392112 SCREEN PRINTER
Prepares stencils, and sets up and operates power-driven or hand-operated screen print equipment.
Skill Level: 3
Screen Printing Stencil Preparer