1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2
Latest ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 26/06/2013
|Page tools: Print Page RSS Search this Product|
UNIT GROUP 2527 AUDIOLOGISTS AND SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS\THERAPISTS
AUDIOLOGISTS AND SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS/THERAPISTS provide diagnostic assessment, treatment, rehabilitative services and management of human hearing defects, and communication and swallowing impairments.
Indicative Skill Level:
· reporting results of assessments and tests in writing and making referrals to medical practitioners
· recommending solutions to those with hearing impairment including amplification, implantable devices, medical interventions and assistive listening devices and providing aural rehabilitation programs
· providing counselling, advice and information to clients and families as a part of overall treatment
· assisting with the development and management of noise control and hearing conservation strategies
· administering standardised and informal tests and observing clients to determine the nature and extent of their communication disorders or swallowing difficulties
· providing treatment and management of speech, language, learning and communication disorders that may be developmental, part of a disability, or acquired as a result of injury or disease
· advising on the positioning of the body and on the textures of food and fluids which assists an individual to eat and swallow safely without choking
· providing information and education to health professionals, early childhood educators and teachers, and support and counselling to individuals affected by communication and swallowing difficulties, and to their families and carers.
252712 Speech Pathologist (Aus) / Speech Language Therapist (NZ)
Provides diagnostic assessment and rehabilitative services related to human hearing defects.
Skill Level: 1
252712 SPEECH PATHOLOGIST (AUS) \ SPEECH LANGUAGE THERAPIST (NZ)
Provides diagnostic assessment and management of disorders of communication and swallowing through direct intervention, education, consultancy, advocacy, or a combination of these approaches.
Skill Level: 1