This group covers technologies supporting communication and communication systems.
- communications networks and analysis;
- communication and broadcasting systems;
- digital systems, optical and photonic systems;
- antenna technology (including that used in remote sensing and satellites); and
- microwave and millimetrewave technology.
This group has eleven fields:
100501 Antennas and Propagation
100502 Broadband and Modem Technology
100503 Computer Communications Networks
100504 Data Communications
100505 Microwave and Millimetrewave Theory and Technology
100506 Optical Fibre Communications
100507 Optical Networks and Systems
100508 Satellite Communications
100509 Video Communications
100510 Wireless Communications
100599 Communications Technologies not elsewhere classified
a) Photonics, optoelectronics and optical communications is included in Group 0205 Optical Physics.
b) Quantum communication is included in Group 0206 Quantum Physics.
c) Data encryption is included in Group 0804 Data Format.
d) Satellite and space vehicle design and testing is included in Group 0901 Aerospace Engineering.
e) Remote sensing is included in Group 0909 Geomatic Engineering.