- For example, Cohen, The Privileged Ape: Cultural Capital in the Making of Man, 1989, Parthenon Publishing.
- World Commission on Culture and Development, 1996, Our Creative Diversity, UNESCO, Paris.
- Balfe, J., 'The Baby Boomer Generation: Lost Patrons, Lost Audience?', 1989, in Wyszomirsky and Clubb, eds., The Cost of Culture: Patterns and Prospects of Private Arts Patronage, ACA Books, New York.
- Aitchison, C., Young Disabled People, Leisure and Everyday Life: Reviewing Conventional Definitions for Leisure Studies, in Annals of Leisure Research, Volume 3, 2000, Australian and New Zealand Association for Leisure Studies.
- O'Sullivan, T., Hartley, J., Saunders, D., Montgomery, M., Fiske, J., (eds), Key concepts in communication and cultural studies, Second Edition,1994.
- Time Use Survey, Australia - User's Guide, ABS, 1998 (Cat. no. 4150.0).