This CD-ROM product provides a collection of Indigenous Census data and related statistical information, bringing together ABS products freely available on the website into a format that is portable across remote Australia. This product is designed for clients who have limited access to the ABS website, particularly remote communities that have difficulty accessing online products.
- maps of the geographic levels in the Australian Indigenous Geographical Classification which comprise Indigenous Regions, Indigenous Areas, and Indigenous Locations,
- the Australian Indigenous Geographical Classification and its structure, as well as four geographic concordance tables,
- Indigenous Profiles from the 2006 Census showing key characteristics of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians for each Indigenous Region and Indigenous Area,
- 2006 Census fact sheets and data quality statements, and
- other recent Indigenous statistics releases.
The maps of Indigenous regions prepared for this product, several concordances that enable users to convert data from one type of geographic area to another, and links to other related products are also listed on the website under this catalogue number.