UNIT GROUP 4113 DIVERSIONAL THERAPISTS
DIVERSIONAL THERAPISTS plan, design, coordinate and implement recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- planning and implementing leisure activity programs for individuals in health care and in the community to assist in their social development, and promote their sense of wellbeing
- identifying individual needs through task analysis
- evaluating and assessing clients' levels of abilities, interests, needs, strengths and weaknesses, and their ability to carry out a range of tasks and interact with others
- maintaining a knowledge of resources available within a facility and within the community
- organising leisure and recreational events
- assisting with training and supervising volunteers and staff
- providing information on available support resources within the local community
- encouraging and supporting clients to take part in activities suited to their particular needs and interests
- adapting programs to suit individual clients' needs, interests, skills and abilities
411311 Diversional Therapist
411311 DIVERSIONAL THERAPIST
Plans, designs, coordinates and implements recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3