Community Profiles present Census data in Excel spreadsheets to provide a comprehensive statistical picture of an area.
They include key social, demographic and economic characteristics of people, families and dwellings and cover most topics on the Census form. They can be used to compare different areas or different population groups, providing an excellent tool for research, planning and analysis.
The 2016 Census Community Profiles have been rationalised to provide three key products:
1. A new General Community Profile (combined 2011 Basic and Expanded profiles)
2. Time Series (2006 to 2016) Community Profile
3. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Community Profile.
Community Profiles will be available from 27 June 2017. Community Profiles will be available for most of the geographies in the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard, from state level down to Statistical Area Level 2. For the 2016 release, the Community Profiles will no longer be available at the SA1 level, however this information will be available in TableBuilder. For the 2016 Census, the former Community Profiles relating to Place of Enumeration and Working Population data will only be available through DataPacks.
Changes have been made to footnotes across the Community Profile and Datapack products.
Table changes have been made to specific tables including :
- General Community Profiles - G08 [Ancestry(a) by Country of Birth of Parents] and G14 [Religious Affiliation by Sex]
- Time Series Profile - T09 [Ancestry(a) by Country of Birth of Parents] and T12 [Religious Affiliation by Age].