UNDERSTANDING DEMOGRAPHIC DATA: FUTURE COURSES
'Understanding Demographic Data,' the popular one-day seminar offered by ABS Demography, will be held in Adelaide and Darwin in August 2003, and in Sydney in November 2003. The Brisbane and Hobart offices of the ABS may also host the course in the latter half of the year.
The seminar provides an understanding of the demographic data framework and the processes which shape the population, and includes practical exercises in the analysis of demographic data. Key issues covered include:
- Relationship of Census counts to Estimated Resident Population.
- Components of population growth: births; deaths; internal and overseas migration.
- How the ABS produces population estimates and projections, including for small areas.
- The relevance of demographic data to social and economic issues.
- Tools for demographic analysis, with practical exercises.
- Population dynamics such as population momentum, ageing and migration effects on the population profile.
Course notes and a copy of Australian Demographic Statistics are provided. The cost per participant is $342, which includes a light lunch.
For more information please contact Genevieve Heard on (02) 6252 7883 or firstname.lastname@example.org