The workplace address given by respondents for the week prior to the census night is coded to a Work Destination Zone. These areas are designed by transport authorities in each State and cover major urban areas (work study areas).
For general output purposes Work Destination Zone codes are aggregated to Statistical Local Area level. (For details of these areas see the Australian Standard Geographical Classification (ASGC) (1216.0). Lower level detail is available on request.
See also Work Destination Area (DZSP). A list of categories is available from Client Services, although the following are always included:
Applicable to: Employed persons enumerated in a work study area.
9990 - No fixed place of work
9998 - Worked outside the JTW study area
&&&& - Not stated
@@@@ - Not applicable
VVVV - Overseas Visitor
Total number of categories: Available on request
Not applicable (@@@@) category comprises:
- Employed persons who are not enumerated in a work study area
- Unemployed persons, looking for either full-time or part-time work
- Persons not in the labour force
- Persons with Labour Force Status/Status In Employment (LFSP) Not stated
- Persons aged under 15 years